Who We Are: Sedaru
Sedaru drives the digital utility with access to real-time, predictive, and automated analytics anywhere, anytime. Sedaru has grown from our history as IDModeling, Inc., having led the hydraulic modeling field as thought and practice leaders in the water industry for decades.
We’ve witnessed firsthand the importance of creating quality data to enable decisions with the most current, integrated, and relevant information available. Sedaru builds on that perspective to advance modeling with real-time, connected utility information systems for the enterprise. We deliver the most advanced yet easy-to-use, one-of-a-kind utility business operating platform for utility automation and decision support in the industry.
Our Engineering Services Team supports Sedaru Technical Services, delivering hydraulic modeling, asset management, master planning, operational optimization, and related analyses to the entire utility, from engineering and O&M to customer service and management. In a nutshell, we are:
- Team Oriented
- Customer Focused
- Looking to Empower Leaders
Sedaru supports customers across the United States, including some of the largest, most progressive utilities in the country. We are growing exponentially across the Company and looking for enthusiastic, team-oriented professionals to contribute to our culture, serve our growing customer base, and build a career with Sedaru.
Who You Are: Water Resources Engineer Position
You are looking for an opportunity to apply your experience delivering successful projects, developing and applying hydraulic models, and using data with engineering judgment to better plan and optimize water & wastewater systems. You want to execute and manage work on exciting cutting-edge projects, help ensure excellent customer relationships, and deliver meaningful content for decision support to the next-generation utility. In addition, and as a plus (but not required), you are interested in supporting business development opportunities. You’re passionate about collaborating with a team, driving change, knowing that you’re making a difference, and contributing to something larger than yourself.
What You’ll Do: Duties, Roles and Opportunities
- Perform water/wastewater system planning and operational studies, including but not limited to: model development, steady state/EPS/real-time model implementation and calibration, advanced analysis inc.: fire flow simulations, CIP prioritization, criticality, energy management, water quality, water loss/DMA development, uni-directional flushing, wastewater system capacity analyses, and more
- Provide input into the direction and enhancements of the Sedaru software
- Create or update, execute, and evaluate results from a variety of modeling platforms
- Prepare figures and maps for reports and presentations
- Manipulate and analyze data using spreadsheets, GIS, and other analysis tools
- Write technical memoranda and otherwise communicate with clients
- Support and/or lead a project team to plan and deliver engineering projects
- Prepare and make presentations to clients and for professional meetings
- Occasional travel to project sites for project management, training, and other
- Support proposals, deliver conference presentations, participate in local or national industry organizations, and other related business development opportunities
- Participate in improving company resources and tools to consistently improve efficiencies
- You give back to your community
- You are a licensed PE and/or certified PMP
- You possess excellent oral and written communications skills
- You bring a positive attitude to your work and problem solving
- You are accountable to your team and able to give honest feedback
- You have 5-10 years experience building and applying hydraulic models for system analysis
- You are proficient in InfoWater, WaterGEMS, InfoSewer, SewerGEMS, Esri GIS, and similar
- You have a proven track record of contributing to and delivering successful projects
- You have a passion for technology, and delivering solutions with and for customers
- You have a B.S. degree min., in Environmental, Civil, Chemical Engineering, or related,
- You are interested in working from home or in an office in Los Angeles, or other (CO, AZ, NorCal, or other) with a team that matches your drive to consistently improve